Founded in 1946, the Garden Club of Toronto is a registered charitable organization. It has played a key role in designing and planting gardens that beautify the city and environs as well as providing outreach and educational programming. Since its inception, the Club has directed in excess of $3 million to the beautification of some of the local areas' renowned gardens together with plantings for major public institutions.
In 1958, the Club founded and provided ongoing funding for the Civic Garden Centre, known today as the Toronto Botanical Garden. Together with Landscape Ontario, the Club also co-founded Canada Blooms, the highly successful Toronto Spring Flower Festival that provides excellence in horticulture and design.